Sunday, August 29, 2010

My new Purse

My new purse!! I do really love it and makes me smile when I look at the rose. The was a hanky that I picked up at an auction. Heres a close up.


I think for the next one I make I am going to embroidery something for the pocket. I have decided to quilt my own material since I pretty much have bought all the limited quilted material that is at my local Joanns. I have a Julies material shop of my own but most of it is cotton material.

 I did make the billfold and coin purse of this material. I really like having matching billfolds with my purses and since I am making it why not?! I do need to readjust my measurements though. The last one was an inch too short for the cards. dummy me!
   Last week I wasted a couple of yards of material being real stupid. Everything I touched I screwed up. I was working on something for a friend and finally decided to give it a break or Id never get it done. I finally finished it last night other than the shoulder straps and the billfold. Since this is my "easy week" at work and only work 1 day until next weekend I should get it done this week. I go through alot of zippers so I found a great deal on ebay. 50 zippers--7 inch for $6 including shipping!! Woohoo what a deal. So I have been waiting all week to recieve my package of zippers and finally got on my ebay page to ask the seller when it was mailed when I just happened to realize these zippers are coming from Hong Kong!! Damn I guess I was so taken with the price and didn't even check where they were going to be mailed from. I guess I will be waiting awhile.
   I found a wonderful website http://www.quiltuniversity.com/ You can take online classes and it gives you great help for any sewing or quilting issues. I plan to take the embroidery class for my machine. I have a nice machine but very little knowledge on the embroidery part.
I can't wait to start the classes and I will see how the first one goes and then if I like it I will take more. Apparently you don't have to be available during the class times. The make it available for several weeks and you can print it out and also do the class assignments and then upload the pictures. I was hoping they would have a serger class but I don't think they do. Maybe I can find one of those later. It would be nice to know how to use my serger.

Well time to go finish Terris purse.. I must say when I bought the material I did get some questions and looks!!!  I assured them it was for a friend that believes in things that are bloody and creepy :-) Pictures in the next post :-)

5 comments:

  1. I love your purse!! It's so cute and all the accessories to go with are great too! You inspire me :) I love how organized you are, I should have shopped downstairs, darn it! :)

    The classes sound like they will be great! You sure do have a lot of fun sewing machines, lots of possibilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I am impressed love your purse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. Elaine we need a day just for us!! You can shop at "Mama Camerons fabric shop"
    then we can hit the stores!!! Yes I do have a fun sewing machine.. so why do I spend so much time napping?! Its hell getting old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've had your whole life to do things and stay busy, it's time to relax and take naps at will!
    I'm game for a day of just us, just say when!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to buy one of the skull purses you made for Terri! If interested email me!!

    ReplyDelete