Monday, August 16, 2010

Cat and Dog Quilt

This is my dog/cat quilt. That seemed to be the never ending quilt. This one was alot of fun to make. The three dogs are screen prints of our three and they look amazingly just like them. Chico has a bit more hair now but that looked like him for this forst two years. Alot of the material on this quilt is made from t-shirts or other clothing garments.  I trolled Goodwills to find different clothes that had cats and dogs on it for the quilt. I wanted something totally unique instead of store bought material. I think I got it. Most of the blocks are 4 square. The problem is I got alittle carried away and made it too big! Once I had it made though it was impossible to cut down or I would be cutting some of the larger blocks up.
We did try to use it but with the batting in the middle we decided it was best as a winter quilt. Its alot heavier than it looks!! Well its something to look forward to this winter.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is such a neat idea, a good way to repurpuse something and make it "green" as well as fun and a lifetime treasure :)

    ReplyDelete