Friday, October 22, 2010

Scary Mary Purse :-)

 I just finished with this purse --- it was fun to make. Now I am making one with brown, tourquise, circle things... I think this pattern is fun since you can use a contrasting color. I think I am getting alittle burnt of making purses though. I have a fall quilt, a flower quilt, and a log cabin quilt in the making though so that will be next.
Oh my gosh look at this cabinet!!!  Wouldnt you just love to have that?!! its $300 on craigslist. Those type of cabinets go for the big bucks new. It has the lift in it as well although I don't know what kind of machine it was built for. Only if that damn money tree was still alive and well in my backyard!! I think I am finally getting some decent lighting in my work room though. Nothing like trying to sew with not enough lights! Its definetly not fun getting old. I thought that only happened to our mothers and sisters.. not us! Anyway when I sew I have about a dozen lights on downstairs so I get to walk around and shut them all off --and inevitably always forget one!! Hopefully we can hook them all to one switch,
   Next week I am going to work on some embroidery things on Joann and maybe some serging. I did go have someone thread that monster for me... and I pray it doesn't break or pull out! I need to take a good look at it of make a drawing of it! I think its the under threading that is the problem the color coded ones are pretty clean cut. I also worked on some double needle sewing this week but didn't end up using it on the purse handle. I thought it would just be 2 straight lines.. what I could tell it was decorative sewing and the back was not the same as the front. Not what I was looking for on the purse handles. I need to do alittle more studying of that though to see what the options are.
    What a week!! This was my busy week at work and wow was it stressful. Going home I felt like the wicked with of the west but I am planning on destressing this weekend with alittle family time and sewing.
  Until next time----

No comments:

Post a Comment