Friday, September 17, 2010

Jinxed!!

Here I was patting my sewing machine actually I named her Joann since its a Janome.. and told her how great she was.. when suddenly KABOOM broke! Thats what I get for personalizing an object.. and giving her a compliment.. Now maybe I will kick her in the foot pedal! I was just in the midst of making another skull purse and loving it.. listening to Lisa Scottelines--My 3rd husband will be a Dog and just laughing by head off when darned old Joann quit on me! OHHHH NOOOO.. Just when I told the person that was expecting this purse that I am speedy!! I had even went to Joanns my favorite fabric store to get the lining for the billfold. I decided I wasn't going to let Joann get me down so I got out my husbands antique Singer--I call her Silvia and used her to finish up the purse. Of course my husband was happy as could be since he thinks "they just don't make machines like Silvia anymore". Well actually they don't. Silvia would never have had trouble with the zipper that Joann did and took a dive off the deep end of the bobbin. The problem with Silvia is that she cannot do zigzag only a straight stitch. I was able to finish the purse but not the billfold.
  So this morning I rushed Joann into the sewing repair shop and the man said "what did you do to her now"?!! Guess he remembered me :-P I was told that I needed to respect my machine more and quit using the wrong needles and the correct bobbins! I told him I learned my lesson and realized I cannot use just any needle on Joann that she is special!! I assured him that wasn't the problem. I told him this time I may of accidently hit a metal zipper piece while sewing... I got the hairy eyeball for that remark. He also mentioned that I may be using too thick of material while sewing.... ya think?! On the purses I like to use fleece lining to help them be more stable.. when you have sometime 2 pieces of lining.. and four pieces of material..--such as the side panels and throw in a zipper or two you get a pretty thick area to sew. Poor Joann.. so abused!
I assured him I probably needed a new bobbin case and I was good to go... He checked it out.. basically told me I was screwed and gave me a ticket on my way out the door. I think maybe the metal through off the timing.. dang. He did say his turn around was generally 4 days unless he has to order parts. I have my fingers crossed. Maybe I need to stick to plastic zippers or better yet when shortening them do it the correct way and hand tie them off !!
   Anyway not all is lost. I went to Walmart on the way home and a cashier fell in love with my purse and asked me to make her one... Woohooo I love those kind of sales!!! Now to just get Joann back and promise no more sewing machine abuse!!!

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!!! Too funny Julie! Poor Joann :( Hope you get her back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laine, Me too. I am working this weekend so I am hoping she will be back next week.

    ReplyDelete